MacPorts 2.0.4 and recommendation for Lion Xcode version

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 17 17:16:50 PDT 2012

On Mar 17, 2012, at 04:56, Tabitha McNerney wrote:

> My boss asked me to install MacPorts on a new iMac that arrived to our office last week, and it shipped with Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (so we probably can't run Snow Leopard on it). I've downloaded MacPorts 2.0.4 but I'm wondering if I should install it using a slightly older version of Xcode for Lion (like 4.2.1) or if its generally ok and recommended to use MacPorts 2.0.4 with Xcode 4.3.1 (which is the current version offered in the App Store)? I ask because I seem to recall not too long ago there were some problems with getting MacPorts to work well with Xcode 4.3.x.

I guess go ahead and use Xcode 4.3.1; MacPorts was largely fixed to work with Xcode 4.3.x in version 2.0.4. You'll probably run into some individual ports that don't work with this version of Xcode yet. As you would anytime any port fails to build, please file bug reports in these situations so that we can fix them.