installing git-core (to upgrade OpenSSL) leads to errors

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 20:47:19 PDT 2012

I have landed in a bit of a funk. Two tales, one solved (but puzzling) and the other unsolved --

1. On computer "A" I upgraded Postgres server from 9.0.x to 9.1.3, and Postgis 1.5.3. This caused Geos to be upgraded from 3.3.0 to 3.3.1, but caused gdal 1.8.0 to break. I fixed this by upgrading gdal 1.8.0 to gdal 1.9.0, but am wondering, why didn't gdal also upgrade when Geos was updated? Anyway, all solved, although it caused an hour or so of mystifying errors.

2. Somewhere along the line, I guess my OpenSSL got updated, and now, everytime I try to do a `git push` to another server, I get the following error

	OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 1000005f, you have 1000100f

Well, I do have OpenSSL 1.0.1 on my computer "A", so I am assuming that the OpenSSL version on target computer "B" is the older one. So, I tried to update the target computer, and discovered that I wasn't using MacPorts installed git/OpenSSL anyway. I was using the versions provided by Apple. In any case, I decided to update it all to the latest MacPorts version, and have now hit a snag with the following message on doing `sudo port install git-core`

	Error: Dependency 'p5.12-error' not found.
	To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

Keep in mind, a boat load of stuff got installed, before this error happened, so I am not sure what is going on.

Suggestions?

--
Puneet Kishor