installing git-core (to upgrade OpenSSL) leads to errors

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 21:04:31 PDT 2012

On Mar 17, 2012, at 10:58 PM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> In any case, I decided to update it all to the latest MacPorts version, and have now hit a snag with the following message on doing `sudo port install git-core`
>>
>> 	Error: Dependency 'p5.12-error' not found.
>> 	Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>> 	To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
>>
>> Keep in mind, a boat load of stuff got installed, before this error happened, so I am not sure what is going on.
>
> Whatever depends on 5.12-error didn't get upgraded. The port exists so I'm not sure why MacPorts is reporting that it doesn't exist.

ok, so it took me a little bit to realize the "p5.12-error" was the name of a port, and `port install` was not finding it. So, I did `port selfupdate` twice and then installed "p5.12-error" and then "git-core" and it all worked well.

However, my original error, one that prompted all this dance, still persists. On my computer "A" when I do `git push computer_b" I get

	OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 1000005f, you have 1000100f

On computer "B" I have the right version of OpenSSL

	computer_B $port installed openssl
  	openssl @1.0.0d_0
  	openssl @1.0.1_0 (active)

Do I have to do something to ensure that the right versions of git are trying to talk to each other? Or, am I barking up a completely wrong tree?

--
Puneet Kishor