installing git-core (to upgrade OpenSSL) leads to errors

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 17 22:37:37 PDT 2012

On Mar 17, 2012, at 23:12, Mr. Puneet Kishor wrote:

> Yet, on computer A, I get the following error
>
> 	computer A$git push computer_B
> 	OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 1000005f, you have 1000100f
> 	fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
>
> what is it trying to tell me? "What" is built against 1000005f?

Unfortunately the error message doesn't tell us, so I don't know. But if the problem occurs when using git, then the first port i'd suspect is the git-core port. Try rebuilding it.

sudo port -ns upgrade --force git-core

If that helps, let us know and we can increase its revision. We already had to do that for two other ports that incorrectly assume that openssl's version having increased from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 poses a problem. See other recent discussion on the mailing list.