installing git-core (to upgrade OpenSSL) leads to errors

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Mar 18 08:10:55 PDT 2012

On 2012-03-18 04:47, Mr. Puneet Kishor wrote:
> 2. Somewhere along the line, I guess my OpenSSL got updated, and now, everytime I try to do a `git push` to another server, I get the following error
>
> 	OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 1000005f, you have 1000100f
> 	fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

I assume you are pushing over SSH? Then the recent openssl upgrade might have
broken your openssh installation. Your other machine might not have openssh
installed (using /usr/bin/ssh) or you already upgraded openssh there.

To fix this, upgrade openssh to the latest version. First check if it is really
outdated:
  port outdated openssh
Then issue the upgrade with the command:
  sudo port upgrade openssh

You might have other outdated ports and are encouraged to regularly upgrade any
all outdated ports with the commands:
  sudo port selfupdate
  sudo port upgrade outdated

Rainer