gnuplot + aquaterm Lion OS X

Lawrence Velázquez larry.velazquez at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 15:47:11 PDT 2012

Try following the instructions here: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#xcode-eula

> I tried following the instructions, e.g.
>
> cd
> /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_aqua_aquaterm/aquaterm/work/aquaterm
> /usr/bin/xcodebuild  -target "AquaTerm" -configuration Deployment build
> OBJROOT=build/ SYMROOT=build/ MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.7 ARCHS=x86_64
> SDKROOT="" GCC_VERSION=com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0
> USER_APPS_DIR=/Applications/MacPorts
> FRAMEWORKS_DIR=/opt/local/Library/Frameworks
> And that seems to work fine but if you then try and reinstall aquaterm you
> ended up where you started again.

This is because MacPorts doesn't know that you compiled aquaterm. Please do not do this.

>>> The error message says "run xcodebuild standalone"; it does not say to cd
>>> to any directory or to provide all those arguments. Just run xcodebuild
>>> by itself with no arguments, I think.
>
>>> No I tried that and got this response...
>
> $ xcodebuild standalone
> xcodebuild: error: The directory /Users/mdekauwe does not contain an Xcode
> project.

The error message is poorly worded; it says to run "xcodebuild" standalone, not to run "xcodebuild standalone".

> ** And that didn't solve it for me as I am still have issues I think to do
> with aquaterm:
>
> $ sudo port install gnuplot
> Password:
> --->  Computing dependencies for gnuplot
> --->  Dependencies to be installed: aquaterm lua pdflib
> --->  Building aquaterm
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed (see log for
> details)
> Error: Failed to install aquaterm
> Log for aquaterm is at:
> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_aqua_aquaterm/aquaterm/main.log
> Error: The following dependencies were not installed: aquaterm lua pdflib

Could you send us that log?

vq