upgrade exept certain ports

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Mar 18 18:10:24 PDT 2012

On Mar 18, 2012, at 13:12, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 14:04, Drechsel Wolf <edv-e at verkehrsplanung.com> wrote:
> what can I do to upgrade my outdated ports - exept certain ones (which may take too long to compile, have failed in upgrading before etc.) ?
>
> You can use booleans in the port command, e.g. my last upgrade required "port upgrade outdated and not kdenetwork4".

But, to continue the example, if any of the other outdated ports depend on kdenetwork4, MacPorts will still try to upgrade kdenetwork4.

Personally I just run "port outdated" and then individually upgrade the specific ports I want to upgrade. If it starts building something I didn't want it to build, I cancel it. (For example, I'm not ready to upgrade to Subversion 1.7 yet, so if, when upgrading some other port, it starts trying to upgrade subversion, I cancel it.)