MacPorts 2.0.4 and recommendation for Lion Xcode version

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Mar 18 19:22:54 PDT 2012

On Mar 18, 2012, at 21:20, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> Not a bug. Behaves correctly. New as of Xcode 4.3, you must select it. If you haven't done so by the time you run MacPorts, MacPorts tells you how.
>
> I think she means zlib cannot build without this, so the cause (xcode-select) shoudl be an error not a warning. If it were something besides zlib being built, perhaps it could be a warning, but in this case zlib does check for xcode stuff to build it.

Oh I see. Well the warning comes from MacPorts base, and the reason zlib is using xcode at all is because it's using the xcodeversion portgroup. Perhaps the xcodeversion portgroup could be modified to include a check for this new Xcode 4.3 behavior and error out. Someone with Xcode 4.3 should be the one to make those changes...