port install wxwidgets on mnt lion fails

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Mar 23 12:48:54 PDT 2012

On Mar 22, 2012, at 21:45, Wes James wrote:

> I'm trying to install wxwidgets on mtn lion.  It fails

Not surprising at all, since we've had problems building wxWidgets since Snow Leopard already:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/20952

> with this at
> the end of the log:

> :info:build In file included from ../include/wx/mac/private.h:4,
> :info:build                  from ../src/common/dynlib.cpp:48:
> :info:build ../include/wx/mac/carbon/private.h:1459: error: ‘Cursor’
> does not name a type
> :info:build ../include/wx/mac/carbon/private.h:1488: error:
> ‘ClassicCursor’ does not name a type

I think these are QuickDraw types; most of QuickDraw was removed in Lion already. (QuickDraw has been deprecated since Tiger.)

The developers of wxWidgets need to update their software to be compatible with modern versions of OS X.