Problem with build 32bit apache+php52+mysql ports.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Mar 23 12:56:51 PDT 2012

On Mar 22, 2012, at 20:52, Weichun Qian wrote:

> I was forced to build 32 bit apache+php52+mysql as I am being evaluating a ZendOptimized php software.
> ZendOptimizer has only 32bit, you know, and it can work with php52.
> I have successfully built them, but I cannot get out where the php52-mysql is.
> So the software cannot connect to mysql.
> How can I find php52-mysql, I have googled a lot, but cannot find any helpful info.

The php5-mysql port is for use with the php5 port only. It is not for use with the php52 port. There is no php52-mysql port.

The php52 port was from a time before each module was split into its own separate port, so instead modules are available in the php52 port as variants. You want:

sudo port install php52 +mysql5

There may be other variants you want. See:

port variants php52