spe for Python 2.7?

Dave Curtis dave at dave-curtis.com
Fri Mar 23 15:59:51 PDT 2012

On Mar 23, 2012, at 2:40 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote

>> For #4, would it be correct to choose the patch conditioned on the build arch?  Basically, leave off the 'arch -i386' part of the patch for ppc?
>
> If we're getting into the business of patching in "arch" commands to run programs under a particular architecture, then I suppose yes. Of course that won't work for the universal variant, so you may have to turn off the universal variant.

Is there a canonical way for a shell script to detect if it is running x86_64?  /opt/local/bin/spe-2.7 is a 2 line shell/Python script.  It would be ugly, but if it could detect that it was running x86_64 it could selective launch with arch -i386.

-dave