html 5 and css 3 editor

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Mar 25 17:25:49 PDT 2012

On 25/03/2012, at 10:00 PM, macports-users-request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:

>> Do you know a good html 5 and css 3 ?ditor on macport ?
>>
>> It seems that on kde ther'is kwebdev and on gnome, ther'is WDT -
>> Web Developer Tools but I could not found thees portfiles ?
>>
>> Can you help me please ?
>
> While I use Vim for virtually everything (even Tweeting), on OS X IMO,
> the best html editor by far is BBEdit. Unfortunately it's proprietary
> software & therefore not on Mac Ports.
>
> If you've used Vim it also has a very good html/css/sass set up
> obviously but if you haven't tried it the learning curve can be steep.
>
> However, I recommend learning Vim if you don't know it. It pays
> enormous dividends in the long run & once you come to grips with it,
> you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.

I've been using vi and vim for 30+ years (ouch)
Two or three times a year I read the man pages and learn 1 thing (still to this day!)
But ...
In the days when I used to teach vi I made an A4 cheat sheet that let my class use it immediately.
If you get over the hump, you will never use any other editor. You want to do something you've never done before ... you probably KNOW how to already ... it is structured and organized so.

James