init script

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Mon Mar 26 16:21:54 PDT 2012

> you need to run a script to startup and stop the service, the service insists on detaching itself so launchd will think it died, you need to perform an action on a system configuration change [restart-netchange, restart-wakeup, restart-dist-notify ...]

I think I can address all but one of those examples, that one being the classic case where forking away from launchd is unacceptable.

 * a script to start and stop the service can basically create two KeepAlive:SuccessfulExit jobs
 * restart-netchange is easily handled by KeepAlive:NetworkState
 * restart-wakeup and restart-dist-notify are not a single port

In fact from a few greps, it seems most of the advanced uses for daemondo aren't utilized at all.