netcdf checksum error - stealth upgrade likely

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed May 2 21:34:46 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:30 AM, Rafael Gómez-Sjöberg <
rafa.gomez.s at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to install Spyder, which has netcdf as a dependency, and I'm
> getting checksum errors when installing netcdf-4.2. I checked one of the
> netcdf mirrors (http://www.gfd-dennou.org/arch/netcdf/unidata-mirror/)
> and the files for netcdf-4.2 all have 5/1 and 5/2 dates, so they were
> updated yesterday and today. I don't know how to get the checksums from the
> files in the mirror, nor how to update the checksums on the portfile, nor
> how to contact the port maintainer.

Normally one would file a ticket at http://trac.macports.org, cc:ing the
maintainers listed in the Portfile (port cat netcdf).  You can, however,
get yourself going faster:  "port log netcdf" should have the updated
checksums in it, if it doesn't then "sudo port -d upgrade netcdf" will have
them; then "sudo port edit netcdf" to edit the Portfile and replace the
checksums with those from the logfile.