gcc43 not completing upgrade.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 3 21:17:00 PDT 2012

On May 3, 2012, at 22:40, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:

> On May 2, 2012, at 8:23 PM, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:
>
>> gcc43 is completing upgrade due to libgfortran having no symbols. I remember seeing notations from previous postings about gfortran effecting builds and wondered if a bug had already been created (I did not find such a bug when doing a bug search) or whether another solution had been presented.
>
> This should have been "gcc43 is not completing upgrade" instead of "gcc43 is completing upgrade".

You didn't mention your OS version and architecture, but in the past you've reported that you were using Leopard on PowerPC. I too cannot upgrade to the latest gcc43 on my Power Mac G4 running Leopard, though it upgraded fine on that same Power Mac when booted to Tiger, and also on my MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard. I did not file a bug report yet; could you do that?