Problems installing flow-tools (Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64)

Daniel Ericsson deric at macports.org
Sun May 6 05:52:20 PDT 2012

On 6 maj 2012, at 14:14, Andrew Williams wrote:

> Lion 10.7.3
>
> gcc --version
> i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build 2336.1.00)

clang, not llvm-gcc, is the default compiler for Xcode 4.2 and later.

> port version
> Version: 2.0.4
>
> Just ran selfupdate etc.
>
> Hand patching and building netflow seems to work.  Issue appears to be limited to just macports install.

Do you build manually with llvm-gcc-4.2 as well? I can verify the failure with `port install flow-tools` (which uses clang), but `sudo port install flow-tools configure.compiler=llvm-gcc-4.2` works. So the issue is triggered when building with clang.

There is no maintainer for this port but it would be helpful if you could open a ticket (http://trac.macports.org/) and attach the log, you can also add my workaround above so it's documented for other users that hit this.

thanks,
-- Daniel