still can't get gimp to work under macports....

Brad Allison brad.allison at gmail.com
Sun May 6 16:39:50 PDT 2012

I installed gimp using

$ sudo port install gimp +no_startupitem

Per the workaround instructions on the current bug thread.  But when I try
to launch it it takes FOREVER to load.  It gives me a "not enough memory"
error and then just sits there forever.

I have virtually nothing running on this mac right now... so not sure what
the problem is....

bash-3.2$ gimp
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Not enough memory
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes
are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale
NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for
information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Not enough
memory)