MacPorts 2.1.0 has been released - problems with the progress lines

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed May 16 15:17:02 PDT 2012

On 16 May 2012, at 6:07am, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> Removing macports-dev since this isn't a development issue.

Not sure I agree there.

> On May 16, 2012, at 12:59 a.m., Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>
>> Is there something I can do to switch this progess thingy off ???
>

> I'm not sure if there's a way to disable the output. You can do upgrades without rev-upgrade with the --no-rev-upgrade option, or by setting "revupgrade_autorun no" in macports.conf.

disabling the feature isn't really the same thing as just disabling the eye-candy progress count-down.

I suspect you are not the only one who pipes port output to file like this. I don't anymore, but used to when I ran an update via cron.

If there is really no way to disable the count down, for this sort of use case, then probably a trac feature request is in order ;)

Chris