Atlas compiling causes havoc

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Sun May 20 01:11:58 PDT 2012

> You may also want to use the "leaves" feature. "Leaves" are the ports
> MacPorts installed as dependencies but that you didn't specifically ask
> for. The opposite of "leaves" are the "requested" ports—the ones you
> actually "sudo port install"ed by name.
>

> You can use:
>
> port installed requested

I did sudo port install requested first, which seems to have fixed some
linking issues. There I did have some lines mentioning Atlas:

>snip<
--->  Cleaning wireshark
--->  Updating database of binaries: 100.0%
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  Found 26 broken file(s), matching files to ports
--->  Found 4 broken port(s), determining rebuild order
--->  Rebuilding in order
     py25-numpy @1.6.1 +atlas+gcc44
     py26-numpy @1.6.1 +atlas+gcc44
     ffmpeg @0.7.11 +mmx
     gegl @0.1.8 +python27

Now when I enter sudo port installed requested I have:

jaspersmbp:~ jasper$ sudo port installed requested
Password:
  cctools @822_2+llvm30 (active)
  cctools-headers @822_2 (active)
  cfv @1.18.3_2+python27 (active)
  dyld-headers @195.6_1 (active)
  eclipse-ecj32 @3.2.2-200702121330_4 (active)
  gimp-help-en @2.6.1_0 (active)
  gtypist @2.8.3_0 (active)
  ImageMagick @6.7.6-7_0+q16
  ImageMagick @6.7.6-9_0+q16 (active)
  json-glib @0.14.2_0 (active)
  ld64 @127.2_5+llvm30
  ld64 @128.2_4+llvm30 (active)
  libunwind-headers @30_0
  libunwind-headers @30_4 (active)
  llvm-3.0 @3.0_4 (active)
  llvm_select @0.2_0 (active)
  meld @1.4.0_0
  meld @1.4.0_1 (active)
  mercurial @2.2.1_0 (active)
  mosh @1.2_0 (active)
  phpmyadmin @3.5.1_0 (active)
  privoxy @3.0.19_0
  privoxy @3.0.19_1 (active)
  proftpd @1.3.3c_1
  proftpd @1.3.3e_0 (active)
  python27 @2.7.3_0 (active)
  python_select @0.3_1 (active)
  rb-rubygems @1.3.7_0+ruby (active)
  rb19-rails @3.0.5_0 (active)
  ruby @1.8.7-p357_0+thread_hooks
  ruby @1.8.7-p358_0+thread_hooks (active)
  ruby19 @1.9.3-p194_1+doc (active)
  tor @0.2.2.35_0 (active)
  wine @1.4_2 (active)
  wireshark @1.6.7_1 (active)

I checked py25-numpy:

jaspersmbp:~ jasper$ port info py25-numpy
py25-numpy @1.6.1, Revision 1 (python, math)
Variants:             atlas, universal

for
                      Python
Homepage:             http://numpy.scipy.org/

Library Dependencies: python25, fftw-3, py25-nose
Platforms:            darwin
License:              BSD
Maintainers:          dh at macports.org, ram at macports.org,
                      openmaintainer at macports.org

jaspersmbp:~ jasper$ port info py26-numpy
py26-numpy @1.6.1, Revision 1 (python, math)
Variants:             atlas, universal

for
                      Python
Homepage:             http://numpy.scipy.org/

Library Dependencies: python26, fftw-3, py26-nose
                      openmaintainer at macports.org

I do think I can live without those two...