Atlas compiling causes havoc

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun May 20 01:56:50 PDT 2012

On May 20, 2012, at 03:11, Jasper Frumau wrote:

>> You can use:
>>
>> port installed requested
>
> I did sudo port install requested first, which seems to have fixed some linking issues.

Doesn't really make any sense to run that; you're asking MacPorts to install ports you already have installed. In fact all it should do is, for any port that you had installed with non-default variants, install the port with default variants instead.

> There I did have some lines mentioning Atlas:
>
> >snip<
> --->  Cleaning wireshark
> --->  Updating database of binaries: 100.0%
> --->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
> --->  Found 26 broken file(s), matching files to ports
> --->  Found 4 broken port(s), determining rebuild order
> --->  Rebuilding in order
>      py25-numpy @1.6.1 +atlas+gcc44
>      py26-numpy @1.6.1 +atlas+gcc44
>      ffmpeg @0.7.11 +mmx
>      gegl @0.1.8 +python27

Rev-upgrade is a new feature in MacPorts 2.1. It runs automatically after every install, or you could run it manually by running "sudo port rev-upgrade". It scans all your installed ports for broken library references and rebuilds ports as needed.

> Now when I enter sudo port installed requested I have:

Note that there's no reason to use "sudo"; you're just asking MacPorts to display a list of ports, not modify any installed files in any way.