Please tell me how to fix a installation problem, thanks!

Apple Developer weiwei.morganstanley at gmail.com
Mon May 21 08:16:56 PDT 2012

Hi,

 I am a beginner with MacPorts and I can not install any port so far. My current softwares are

Mac OS 10.7.4
Xcode 4.1
XQuartz 2.6.4 (xorg-server 1.10.6).

Here is the problem

bogon:~ weiwei$ sudo port install vim
Password:
--->  Computing dependencies for vimError: Unable to execute port: can't read "build.cmd": Failed to locate 'make' in path: '/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin' or at its MacPorts configuration time location, did you move it?

Could anyone tell me the cause of this problem and how to fix it?

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
Wei Wei