SAMBA 3.6.3

O'Dell James jim at fpr.com
Mon May 21 14:40:55 PDT 2012

Has anyone else experienced problems getting the latest macports version of Samba working.

After some poking around, I discovered that there is an OS X 10.7 patch lurking around that
increases the values for MAX_NGROUPS (Or some such name in the Samba sources).

It seems as if the OS X value of:

#define _SC_NGROUPS_MAX                  4

In unistd.h is not large enough to contain the complete group list.

Rather than change the SAMBA code, I just upped the value above to 32, rebuilt the
samba 3.6.3 package and all was copacetic.

I have no idea why the default value is set to 4....

Jim