Error installing xorg-server

thedaniel at nifty-neat.com thedaniel at nifty-neat.com
Tue May 22 07:18:30 PDT 2012

On 21/05/2012, at 10:19 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On May 21, 2012, at 20:06, theDaniel wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> New Macports user Question:
>>
>> An error is given when I try to install xorg-server 1.8.1_1:
>>
>> DEBUG: Searching for dependency: p5.12-locale-gettext
>> DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: p5.12-
>> locale-gettext
>> Error: Dependency 'p5.12-locale-gettext' not found.
>> To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
>>    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
>> Error: Processing of port xorg-server failed
>>

> Run "sudo port selfupdate" to resync your ports and rebuild the
> port index. The port p5.12-locale-gettext definitely exists, and
> has for a long time.

I did as you suggested, but I had to run "sudo port selfupdate"
twice, to get rid that error. Now I get "Error: Processing of port
xorg-server failed".

I also tried installing quartz-wm. It also failed to install with the
same: "Error: Processing of port quartz-wm failed". Is this error
related to Xcode? I have the latest I know of for Tiger.

Now what can I try?

-Daniel