confusion

Emden R. Gansner erg at research.att.com
Wed May 23 11:45:55 PDT 2012

I appear to have gotten my tree into a strange state. I did a port selfupdate, and then started
doing port upgrade. I am now coming across the following. What is the best
way to get the tree back into a coherent state? Thanks.

     Emden

s) sudo port upgrade autoconf
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  Found 69 broken file(s), matching files to ports
--->  Found 2 broken port(s), determining rebuild order
--->  Rebuilding in order
      gtk2 @2.24.10 +universal+x11
      libglade2 @2.6.4 +universal
--->  Computing dependencies for gtk2
--->  Dependencies to be installed: pango
--->  Configuring pango
Error: To install pango without the quartz variant, cairo must be installed without the quartz variant.
Error: org.macports.configure for port pango returned: incompatible cairo installation
Error: Failed to install pango
Please see the log file for port pango for details:

/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_x11_pango/pango/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: pango
--->  Computing dependencies for libglade2
--->  Cleaning libglade2
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  Found 69 broken file(s), matching files to ports
--->  Found 2 broken port(s), determining rebuild order
--->  Rebuilding in order
      gtk2 @2.24.10 +universal+x11
      libglade2 @2.6.4 +universal
--->  Computing dependencies for gtk2
--->  Dependencies to be installed: pango
--->  Configuring pango
Error: To install pango without the quartz variant, cairo must be installed without the quartz variant.
Error: org.macports.configure for port pango returned: incompatible cairo installation
Error: Failed to install pango
Please see the log file for port pango for details:

/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_x11_pango/pango/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: pango
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
Error rebuilding gtk2
     while executing
"error "Error rebuilding $portname""
     (procedure "revupgrade_scanandrebuild" line 370)
     invoked from within
"revupgrade_scanandrebuild broken_port_counts $opts"
     (procedure "macports::revupgrade" line 5)
     invoked from within
"macports::revupgrade $opts"
     (procedure "action_revupgrade" line 2)
     invoked from within
"action_revupgrade $action $portlist $opts"
     (procedure "action_upgrade" line 24)
     invoked from within
"$action_proc $action $portlist [array get global_options]"
     (procedure "process_cmd" line 95)
     invoked from within
"process_cmd $remaining_args"
     invoked from within
"if { [llength $remaining_args] > 0 } {

     # If there are remaining arguments, process those as a command
     set exit_status [process_cmd $remaining..."
     (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 4784)
s)