mysql55 up and running on production

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed May 23 13:58:31 PDT 2012

On May 23, 2012, at 10:06, Watch Dog wrote:

> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>> Some recent changes that pixilla made to the port file breaks a normal
>> install :
>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34552
>> https://trac.macports.org/changeset/93312
>
> Ah, yes, pixilla.  Commit w/o testing, again.  Maybe time to
> reconsider commit privileges?

We're all entitled to make a mistake every once in awhile. Bradley's commit privileges are not getting revoked anytime soon. I'm very grateful to Bradley for volunteering to take over the MySQL ports from me, for his work on the almost 700 other ports he maintains, and for everything else he does for MacPorts. Remember that we're volunteers here, and all we ask in return for our work on MacPorts is a little patience and occasional appreciation. Cooperation is great too: If you know how to fix #34552, by all means attach a patch to that ticket.