Universal netcdf-fortran

Julien Salort lists at juliensalort.org
Thu May 31 07:49:47 PDT 2012

Le 30 mai 2012 à 23:28, Jeremy Lavergne a écrit :

>> Please just build llvm-3.0 with configure.compiler=clang to verify that it works.
>
> Here's how to do that:
> sudo port clean llvm-3.0
> sudo port install llvm-3.0 configure.compiler=clang

Hello,

llvm-3.0 is now OK to me, with this settings.

However, netcdf-fortran +universal fails at configure:
:info:configure checking for gcc... /opt/local/bin/gcc-mp-4.5
:info:configure checking whether the C compiler works... no
:info:configure configure: error: in `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_science_netcdf-fortran/netcdf-fortran/work/netcdf-fortran-4.2':
:info:configure configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

Does MacPorts gcc have the capability to make fat executables ?
If no, it means Apple's gcc is required ?
But then Apple does not provide a fortran compiler, right ?

Then does it mean netcdf-fortran +universal is not possible ?

Thanks for your help,

Julien