pandoc

Sean Farley sean.michael.farley at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 17:21:08 PDT 2012

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2012 at 03:23:27PM -0400, Lenore Horner wrote:
>> I see there is a ticket from a few weeks ago that may be related, but
>> there's not closure or work-around suggested.
>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/36608
>
> The solution is probably to update hs-utf8-string (and maybe pandoc,
> too) to the latest version. This is necessary after updating ghc, which
> we finally did a couple of weeks ago.
>
> I am aware of the problem but do not have time to solve it at the
> moment. Feel free to provide a patch updating these broken ports (it
> should be pretty straightforward if you start from a haskell-related
> Portfile I recently updated, e.g., hs-HTTP).

It was indeed pretty straightforward and I posted my changes here:

https://bitbucket.org/seanfarley/scienceports/changesets/tip/keyword(%22pandoc%22)%20or%20keyword(%22hs-%22)

Since it's 57 changesets, I'd rather not make all the tickets for them
and would prefer if a macports developer could review them and merge
them into macports-trunk.