uninstall dependents

M. Daniel Becque mdbecque at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 05:08:00 PST 2012

I am confused what "port uninstall --follow-dependents <portfile>" or is it
"--follow-dependencies" will uninstall? For example, if I enter "port
dependents inkscape", Macports replies there are no dependents. On the
other hand, "port deps inkscape" lists a large number of library dependents
and some build dependents of inkscape e.g. poppler and perl5. So what will
the follow flag do when it is executed; try to uninstall all the library
and build dependents or just uninstall inkscape?

Thanks in advance,
Dan