FreeBSD partition

Raoul rmgls at free.fr
Tue Nov 13 23:58:32 PST 2012

on Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:52:41 -0500
Arno Hautala <arno at alum.wpi.edu> wrote:

>  On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:20 AM, Raoul <rmgls at free.fr> wrote:
>

> > is there a way to mount "WR" or at least "R" a FreeBSD partition
> > on osx 10.8XX???
>

> I assume you're talking about a UFS partition. I wanted to do the same
> recently and while OS X should support UFS, I've found that there are two
> flavors of UFS that differ in endianness. FreeBSD uses little endian and OS
> X uses big, even on Intel. I have not found a way to share data between OS
> X and FreeBSD using UFS.

Hi Arno,

yes it is an ufs partition that i want to share between FreeBSD
and OS X. that said we have zfs on FreeBSD and perhaps i will try
to put the data on a zfs partition and see!!!

without any polemic, i does not understand why OS X
cannot mount (at least "RDONLY" a ufs partition...
Of course it is possible to share data with:
msdos, ntfs (ntfs-3g), ext2, but ufs2 would be helpful.

I was not aware of zevo, and i will investigate this point.

Many thanks for your help.

Raoul
rmgls at free.fr