Cleaning up Perl mess

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Thu Nov 15 15:32:32 PST 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 06:11:47PM -0500, Alejandro Imass wrote:
> Also, I can't seem to get port to tell me exactly which binary is
> complaining about the lining errors.

Try running sudo port -d -y rev-upgrade.

> Anyway after a long upgrade process, same thang:
>
> --->  Cleaning p5.12-term-readkey
> --->  Updating database of binaries: 100.0%
> --->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 4.4%
> Warning: Error parsing file
> /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.3/darwin-multi-2level/auto/Net/Libproxy/Libproxy.dylib:
> Error opening or reading file

Is this file missing? If yes, please re-activate the port that used to
provide this file. You might have to run deactivate followed by activate
to get the file back.

If the file isn't missing make sure you're running this with superuser
privileges.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 06:21:46PM -0500, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> rev-upgrade can't sensibly fix stuff installed manually via CPAN; you
> will need to fix them via CPAN. No MacPorts-installed thing is
> referencing those files, apparently.

rev-upgrade will not scan stuff installed manually into the MacPorts
prefix unless it happens to have the name of a file previously installed
through macports and seen as active by MacPorts.

If a MacPorts-installed file links against one installed manually, it
will be checked though (but that doesn't seem to be the case here).

--
Clemens Lang