macports without the command line tools?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 10:27:07 PST 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Nathaniel Irons <natty at bumppo.net> wrote:

>> configure:4372:
>> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang
>> -o conftest -O2 -arch x86_64 -I/opt/local/include -L/opt/local/lib -arch
>> x86_64 conftest.c  >&5
>> conftest.c:11:10: fatal error: 'stdio.h' file not found
>> #include <stdio.h>
>>          ^
>> 1 error generated.
>

> Anything I can do about this, short of installing the tools package?

Not easily.  Some versions of gcc support a C_INCLUDE_PATH envar; otherwise
you're looking at specs-file edits to point gcc to the right headers and
libraries.  And then you get to try to figure out how to do the same for
clang.

unix/linux, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure          http://sinenomine.net