Package glib-2.0 not found in pkg-config search path

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 06:33:02 PDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:49 AM, Diogo Brito <diogowbrito at gmail.com> wrote:

> In macports a member advised me to set the $PKG_CONFIG_PATH to "
> /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig" but haven't been able to, even though I made a
> little search for it...

search for ... what?  That's not something to be searched for, it is
something you type to your shell before compiling something.

    export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig

Also beware, if you've installed some third party packages (notably Mono)
you may have a "rogue" pkg-config in /usr/bin that will mess things up.