Install MacPorts version of LaTeXML but MacTeX's TeXLive not MacPorts'?

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Mon Oct 1 15:05:33 PDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 02:51:02PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> The usual way to install a port that requires TeX, without installing TeX itself from MacPorts, is to ensure that the path to your TeX distribution is edited into the binpath variable in the macports.conf file. I don't know whether that works with the LaTeXML port specifically but it looks like it might.

Usually this works with ports for ports that just invoke TeX at
runtime, but not those that need to install style files, as those are
installed only for a MacPorts texlive installation. (It also doesn't
work for ports that need to link against libraries from texlive, though
those are less common).

The LaTeXML portfile is written to allow a MacTeX installation to
satisfy the dependency, but it also appears to texmf files. I don't
know if this will work correctly for MacTeX users. (I'm not familiar
with LaTeXML).

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports                UW CSE                http://drkp.net/