Gnucash, python bindings, snow leopard

... offonoffoffonoff at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 09:52:07 PDT 2012

All I can find on the internet is

> sudo port install gnucash +python27
> export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages

and everything should work.  Gnucash installs but there are no python
bindings.  Like, there is nothing related to gnucash at
/opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages  and I get the following
(paraphrased) errors

$python
>>>import gnucash
ImportError: no module named gnucash
>>>import gnucash.gnucash_core
ImportError: no module named gnucash_core

$gnucash-env python
>>>import gnucash
ImportError: no module named gnucash
>>>import gnucash.gnucash_core
ImportError: no module named gnucash_core

I saw others said that python 2.7 and numpy need to be installed
through macports for OpenCV to work (different program but it was all
I had to go on), so I "port uninstall gnucash" and install python27
(was already installed and macports verified the installation) and
numpy and then gnucash as before.  no errors in installation, no
change in functioning.  I have gnucash with python bindings working on
my linux computer so I know how it is supposed to work and the gnucash
python binding files (like gnucash_core.py) are not on the Mac
computer according to spotlight search.

Any ideas?