gdb and gcc incompatible?

Adam Dershowitz dersh at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 5 09:44:07 PDT 2012

I have gdb installed, and I just tried to upgrade it from 7.3.1 to 7.5.0.  But I got an error that says:

Error: cctools-headers must be deactivated before upgrade.
Error: org.macports.configure for port gdb returned: Please run `sudo port deactivate cctools-headers` and try again.

It turns out that cctools-headers is a dependent of cctools which is in turn a dependent on gcc43,gcc44 and gcc45.

So, are gcc43,gcc44 and gcc45 incompatible with gdb?  That seems like an odd and inconvenient conflict.

--Adam