Confused with Xcode 4.5.x & old Developer folder?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 17:34:31 PDT 2012

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM, bunk3m <bunk3m at gmail.com> wrote:

> Then I downloaded Xcode 4.5.x from the App Store.  Now Xcode is in the
> /Applications folder.  It used to be inside /Developer/Applications/ folder.
>
> I see that the /Developer folder still exists.  And there is still another
> Xcode 3.2.6 installed.
>
> What is the correct way to get rid of the old Xcode install?

Xcode normally will detect this on the first time you open its GUI, and
will either offer to remove it or will tell you what to run.

sudo /Developer/Library/uninstall-devtools --mode=all

will remove the Xcode under /Developer, leaving the one under /Applications
intact.

unix/linux, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure          http://sinenomine.net