Confused with Xcode 4.5.x & old Developer folder?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 18:08:13 PDT 2012

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM, bunk3m <bunk3m at gmail.com> wrote:

> So where did the Xcode apps and files that used to be in /Developer go in
> this new version (ML)?

They're inside the app bundle for /Applications/Xcode.app.

> At one point we had the choice to install skds for 10.6, 10.5 etc.  What
> does one do now if you want to compile code for SL or Leopard or Lion?

You keep an older machine around :( Apple has explicitly de-supported
developing for them and no longer provides the SDKs etc.

Some people have had success copying the SDKs from older Xcode versions,
but potentially this can still leave you unable to convince ld to produce
objects that will work on the older systems.

unix/linux, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure          http://sinenomine.net