Apache http.conf

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Mon Oct 15 14:12:45 PDT 2012

On Oct 15, 2012, at 10:40 AM, Craig Hoffman wrote:

> Hey Folks,
> I have an odd issue with Apache.  I have a more or less standard install of MacPorts PHP, MySQL and Apache for local web development. Everything was working fine until yesterday, honestly I'm not sure what happened - nothing has changed. It looks like my MacPort Apache is now using Apple's http.conf file.  To test this, I added a few extra characters to Apple's http.conf file and restarted the server with (/opt/local/apache2/bin apachectl restart) and it returned this message.
>
> apachectl configtest
> Syntax error on line 41 of /private/etc/apache2/httpd.conf:

The apachectl supplied by MacPorts apache2 port should not be reading /private/etc/apache2/httpd.conf
unless you added something to /opt/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf.

$ which apachectl

You may want to add /opt/local/apache2/bin to your env PATH.
$ echo $PATH

or call the correct apachectl using the full path:
$ /opt/local/apache2/bin/apachectl configtest

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)