smartmontools how to specify platform 10.6, 10.7, 10.8

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 19 16:03:42 PDT 2012

On Oct 19, 2012, at 16:49, Chris Murphy wrote:

> I've had smartmontools 5.4x working on 10.6 and 10.7 simply using:
>
> port pkg smartmontools
>
> Now, with smartmontools 6 this command produces an installation package that only works on 10.8. Maybe it's an Xcode thing I have no idea. But how do I specify platform?

Installer packages produced with "port pkg" are designed only for use on the version of OS X they were created on.

In my opinion you'd have the greatest success of creating a package compatible with 10.6 and up by running the "port pkg" command on a computer running 10.6.

If that's not an option, you *may* have success by setting macosx_deployment_target to 10.6 in macports.conf and then rebuilding all ports relevant to this package (i.e. the port's rdeps). But there are probably ports out there that don't support this setting.