shell command failed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 23 11:25:19 PDT 2012

On Oct 23, 2012, at 11:07, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:

> This looks broken to me; "-lcrt1.10.6.o" will expand to a search for "libcrt1.10.6.o.dylib" and "libcrt1.10.6.o.a" in various directories.  Note addition of prefix and suffixes.

That's true, but I was basing my answer on others that have come before, such as:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4155902

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-development-darwin/174131-linker-cannot-find-libraries-do-they-exist.html

> (Although I suppose Apple might have done something interesting yet again to ld on Mountain Lion....)

The above posts were with Lion and Snow Leopard, so I don't think this is anything new in Mountain Lion.