povray upgrade fails

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 3 21:10:39 PDT 2012

On Sep 3, 2012, at 22:45, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> We would prefer a separate ticket for each affected port, since each affected port will need to be fixed individually, possibly by different maintainers.
>
> I don't think committing a revbump will harm anyone

Sure but in the case of povray a mere revision increase isn't what's required; that was already done in r97300. Rather, this version of povray is simply incompatible with libpng 1.5. So someone needs to investigate whether a newer version of povray is available to which the port could be updated, or if there is a libpng 1.5 compatibility patch that could be applied. So as always it's good to have separate tickets for each separate issue that needs to be separately addressed.