ports.tar.gz update interval?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Sep 7 09:22:02 PDT 2012

On 2012-09-07 18:11, Andrew Todd wrote:
> Like many people, I use MacPorts from behind a restrictive firewall
> that blocks rsync. It's also somewhat slow, so to update my ports
> tree, I have this configuration in ports.conf:
>
> file:///Users/atodd/dev/macports/ports/ [default]

Note that 'port sync' already supports downloading and extracting the
port tarball. There is no need to use a custom script. Follow this tutorial:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/PortTreeTarball

> Did everyone go on vacation this week, or is the tarball out of date? Thanks.

According to the timestamp of the PortIndex in the tarball, it was last
generated on August 29th.

Bill, I assume the cronjob generating/copying this tarball got lost in
the server migration?

Rainer