Python 2.7 installation errors

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 22:23:58 PDT 2012

Hmm, still more issues:

Staging python27 into destroot
Error: org.macports.destroot for port python27 returned: command execution
failed
Error: Failed to install python27
Please see the log file for port python27 for details:

/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_python27/python27/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: python27
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets

Tail of the log:

jaspersmbp:osticket-reloaded-new jasper$ tail
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_python27/python27/main.log
"$procedure $targetname"
:info:destroot Warning: targets not executed for python27:
org.macports.activate org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:error:destroot Failed to install python27
:debug:destroot can not find channel named "debuglog"
    while executing
"tcl::puts debuglog {DEBUG: Starting logging for gobject-introspection}"
    invoked from within
"catch "tcl::puts $args""
:notice:destroot Please see the log file for port python27 for details: