Launcher failure

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Wed Sep 12 17:51:15 PDT 2012

Hi

I can live with this problem, but if anyone says AH-HA please share:

I built gnome-terminal from fink (2.28.2) and macports (also 2.28.2)
If I run the macport version from cli it starts and the only clutter is:

[haycorn] /Users/jam [501]% /opt/local/bin/gnome-terminal
Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-Nxgx5b/org.x:0".
[haycorn] /Users/jam [502]%

It runs perfectly

If I (try to) start it from my launcher then the log shows this and it won't run:

[dialog]
Applescript error
Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-Nxgx5b/org.x:0".
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Failed to get the session bus: Not enough memory
Falling back to non-factory mode.
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Failed to summon the GConf demon; exiting.  Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Not enough memory)

[log]
error "Xlib:  extension \"RANDR\" missing on display \"/tmp/launch-Nxgx5b/org.x:0\".
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Failed to get the session bus: Not enough memory
Falling back to non-factory mode.
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Failed to summon the GConf demon; exiting.  Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Not enough memory)" number 1

I can't fool the launcher ie launch xterm spawning gnome-terminal.

Can anyone explain please?
James