Request for a Port

Jamie Paul Griffin jamie at kode5.net
Sat Sep 15 05:15:14 PDT 2012

[ Clemens Lang wrote on Sat 15.Sep'12 at 14:02:00 +0200 ]

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 12:26:37PM +0100, Jamie Paul Griffin wrote:
> > I would like to know if it's possible have the spectrwm window manager
> > added to the ports collection. Would this be possible?
>
> The fastest way to get this done is writing the Portfile yourself. The
> guide[1] and the manual page for Portfile should help you with that.
> Once you've got a working Portfile, open a ticket in trac and request
> inclusion.
>
> [1] http://guide.macports.org/

Ok, i'll give it a go. It will be my first attempt at doing this and I
know i'm going to have issues because I can't get spectrwm sources to
compile on my Lion machine. I've used the conformal.com forum to let
them know, and they've released 2 or 3 versions since I did that but
they don't seem interested in porting the code to the Mac OS X platform.
In the source code there is information about compiling on Leopard 10.5
but that's all there is relating to OS X.

    Jamie