port mirrors

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 07:54:04 PDT 2012

Chris Jones wrote:

> Surely a better solution here is to figure out what is the issue with
> the mse.uk server, and fix that, rather than try and work around it.
>
> Could someone with the contact information follow this up ?
>
> Chris
>
> On 18/09/12 15:32, Brandon Allbery wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Phil Dobbin <phildobbin at gmail.com
>> <mailto:phildobbin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>      > Or maybe it's just been re-set after the last successful (just
>> now)
>>      > `selfupdate`?
>>
>>     No, scrub that idea, I've just checked the time stamp on it
>> (06/09/12).
>>

>> Timestamp may not prove anything; it may now be the timestamp of the
>> last checked-in change to the file, overwriting your more recent local
>> changes.

`ls -lc` does actually show that the timestamp for the file was modified
at the last selfupdate.

However, I'm more inclined to go with Chris's point & see if we can
resolve the issue rather than start writing bash scripts, etc to work
round it (unless, of course, someone wants to throw a quick hack
together: I haven't got the time right now).

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
But masters, remember that I am an ass.