How to get mkvtoolnix to work?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 19 02:37:02 PDT 2012

On Sep 19, 2012, at 02:07, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> I have tried to install mkvtoolnix, but the program keeps crashing
> (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34806). Is there any workaround I
> can try? (I need the program to add chapters to my avi files, I don't
> care if I need to perform ugly workarounds and/or write portfiles
> myself, I just don't know where to start.)

Go back to mkvtoolnix 5.0.1; that should work. Newer versions require not only that mkvtoolnix be built with gcc46 or newer, but also that boost and icu are also built with that same compiler; the latter is something we don't have in MacPorts right now.

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/InstallingOlderPort

r92837