build for port OpenSceneGraph returned: command execution failed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 24 05:23:53 PDT 2012

On Sep 24, 2012, at 06:07, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:

> I don't know what Inventor.framework is and
> how it got there, but it isn't present in my installation. iWork
> apparently ships or shipped Inventor.framework in its app bundle, and
> that is also i386/ppc-only.

It might be provided by Open Inventor, or its clone Coin3D (available in MacPorts as "Coin").

Coin is not in the dependency chain of OpenSceneGraph but appears to be an optional dependency. I see Coin and Open Inventor mentioned in the OpenSceneGraph sources. If I install Coin, then OpenSceneGraph's cmake finds it.

Maybe we can add a cmake flag to ensure OpenSceneGraph does not look for Inventor.

I filed a bug report:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/36306