Slow slog of deactivation

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Mon Sep 24 11:52:07 PDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 03:21:00AM -0700, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:
> 	I began deactivating all the broken link ports in reverse order until
>
> 		sudo port deactivate textlive-bin-extra
>
> resulted in the following error:

> :info:deactivate dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.
> 8.dylib
> :info:deactivate   Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libpoppler.28.dylib
> :info:deactivate   Reason: Incompatible library version: libpoppler.
> 28.dylib requires version 13.0.0 or later, but libjpeg.8.dylib
> provides version 12.0.0

The texlive ports include a hook that updates TeX's database of
installed files and various other runtime optimizations. It sounds like
this is failing for you because some of the texlive binaries have
broken linking.

It sounds like you're trying to deactivate these ports to get things
working again. In that case, it doesn't really matter that the
post-deactivate hook is failing, so you can safely ignore the error.
The necessary databases and formats will be rebuilt if you reinstall
the texlive ports.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports                UW CSE                http://drkp.net/