libXpm problem

Robert Edward Simpson robert_simpson at sutd.edu.sg
Thu Sep 27 04:04:02 PDT 2012

Dear all,
I am having a few problems with XPM. I am a novice so it could be something that I am doing wrong. I have not yet been able to install any port software yet (I have tried to install Gimp and povray) and each time I receive the following message:

Please see the log file for port xpm for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_www.macports.org_files_ports_x11_xpm/xpm/main.log
Error: Problem while installing xpm
Error: Unable to execute port: upgrade icns-gimp failed

I have copied the output of the main.log below. I am using OSX Lion 10.7.5 on the following machine:
Mac book pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5,4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3,Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB

I also have Xcode 4.4.1 installed

Please can somebody offer some guidance.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Here is the main.log

version:1
:msg:main --->  Computing dependencies for xpm:info:main .:debug:main xpm has no conflicts
:debug:main Searching for dependency: xorg-libXt
:debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for xorg-libXt
:debug:main Searching for dependency: xorg-libXext
:debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for xorg-libXext
:debug:main Searching for dependency: gettext
:debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for gettext
:msg:main
:debug:main Executing org.macports.main (xpm)
:debug:main changing euid/egid - current euid: 0 - current egid: 0
:debug:main egid changed to: 501
:debug:main euid changed to: 503
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.archivefetch (xpm)
:debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.fetch (xpm)
:debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.checksum (xpm)
:debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.extract (xpm)
:debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.patch (xpm)
:debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.configure (xpm)
:debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
:debug:build build phase started at Thu Sep 27 18:56:08 SGT 2012
:notice:build --->  Building xpm
:debug:build Executing org.macports.build (xpm)
:debug:build Environment: CPATH='/opt/local/include' CC_PRINT_OPTIONS_FILE='/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_www.macports.org_files_ports_x11_xpm/xpm/work/.CC_PRINT_OPTIONS' LIBRARY_PATH='/opt/local/lib' CC_PRINT_OPTIONS='YES' MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET='10.7'
:debug:build Assembled command: 'cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_www.macports.org_files_ports_x11_xpm/xpm/work/libXpm-3.5.10" && /usr/bin/make -j4 -w all'
:debug:build Executing command line:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_www.macports.org_files_ports_x11_xpm/xpm/work/libXpm-3.5.10" && /usr/bin/make -j4 -w all
:info:build sh: line 0: cd: /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_www.macports.org_files_ports_x11_xpm/xpm/work/libXpm-3.5.10: No such file or directory
:info:build Command failed:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_www.macports.org_files_ports_x11_xpm/xpm/work/libXpm-3.5.10" && /usr/bin/make -j4 -w all
:info:build Exit code: 1
:error:build org.macports.build for port xpm returned: command execution failed
:debug:build Error code: CHILDSTATUS 855 1
:debug:build Backtrace: command execution failed
    while executing
"system -nice 0 $fullcmdstring"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval system $notty $nice \$fullcmdstring"
    invoked from within
"command_exec build"
    (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8)
    invoked from within
"$procedure $targetname"
:info:build Warning: targets not executed for xpm: org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:notice:build Please see the log file for port xpm for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_www.macports.org_files_ports_x11_xpm/xpm/main.log
(END)

The above message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended for receipt and use solely by the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please inform the sender immediately by reply e-mail or telephone, reversing the charge if necessary. Please delete the message thereafter. Thank you.